Health systems and policy
- Division Head: Associate Professor Peter Hill
- Deputy Division Head:
- Divisional Support Officer: Ms Liz Gear
We apply social science and health systems thinking to current and emerging issues in population health. Our research and teaching is multidisciplinary and spans health systems, policy and practice in Australia and internationally. Our research draws on a range of quantitative and qualitative methods, with a particular emphasis on mixed methods designs.
The Health Systems and Policy group is engaged in four core research areas:
- health systems research
- social determinants and psychosocial aspects of health and health care
- health services research
- policy and evaluation.
Policy analysis and research for policy critically examine mental health policy in Australia and internationally, the influence of research on Indigenous health policy and the emergence of global health policy and norms, and brings epidemiological and economic evidence to support policy decisions.
Policy and Epidemiology Group (PEG)
The Policy and Epidemiology Group (PEG) at the Queensland Centre for Mental Health Research (QCMHR) is a state-funded mental health research centre, affiliated with our School.
PEG's research focuses on three main areas:
- psychiatric epidemiology and burden of disease research
- mental health services research
- mental health policy analysis and research translation.