UQUAPS 2016 Pitching Research competition
The UQ Association of Postgraduate Students (UQAPS) Pitching Research competition is an opportunity for UQ students to develop a pitch for their research using Professor Robert Faff’s “Pitching Research” template guide, available on the Pitch My Research website.
The template has been designed as a simple and methodological tool to help novice researchers to refine their research question and prepare an engaging proposal for potential mentors and collaborators. It aims to assist students to produce a well-rounded, effective and achievable research project by providing a simple mechanism for communicating a new idea and starting a conversation with a potential research mentor.
Shortlisted finalists will pitch their research to a technical panel and have the chance to win up to $5,000 funding towards their research.
All pre-confirmation research students enrolled at UQ.
Winner stands to win a prize of up to $5,000 (minimum $3,000) towards their research.
- Expression of Intent (EOI) lodgment deadline: Friday 1 July 2016
- Opening of pitch submissions: Friday 1 July 2016
- Pitch submission deadline: Monday 12 September 2016 (12 noon)
- Finalist decision notification: Monday 10 October 2016
- Pitch presentation final: Wednesday 2 November 2016 (details to be confirmed)